How to Clear your Browser cache?
The problem we see many times however is that if you’re editing a website and you make changes, you’re not going to see those changes right away until your browser’s cache clears. For example, if you update a CSS file to change the font-size of some text, if your browser loads the cached version of the CSS file, you won’t see the changes. You need a way to tell your computer not to use the version of that CSS file it downloaded previously, and to instead download a fresh copy of it. Sometimes you can hit the refresh button in your browser to download all the files from the website and not use cache, but if that does not work you can clear all of your browser’s cache.
- Click the 3 stripe (or 3 vertical dots) icon at the top-right on the browser toolbar.
- Click on History then click on History again in the menu that appears.
- Select Clear browsing data.
You can also hit Ctrl-Shift-Delete on your keyboard to end up at this same section.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click “History” in the top toolbar and then click “Clear Recent History”
- Set “Time range to clear” to “Everything”
- Under “Details”, ensure only “Cache” is selected and then click “Clear Now”
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right-hand corner, click on the three dots
- You will see a menu appear. Scroll down until you see Settings. Click on this option.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down until you see
- Make sure you uncheck “Preserve Favorites Website Data” at the top of this window.
- Make sure you check all options below “Preserve Favorites Website Data”.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click OK to close window.
- In Opera, click on History in the top left hand corner.
- Click on Clear browsing data in the top right corner of the History screen.
- Click on the drop down arrow to select the range of items to delete. Click on “the beginning of time” to delete everything.
- Click on checkbox for Cached images and files.
- Click on the Clear browsing data to complete the process.
Share this article with Friends. Share, Tweet or Copy Link to Share with others.
March 15, 2018
December 29, 2017